You are not connected. Please login or register

ratio's in a wall

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 ratio's in a wall on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:29 pm

mcbuggin

150+ dB Daily
is there some kind of a ballance or rule of thumb when it comes to the space behind the subs and in front of them? I ask this cause it seems to be almost like a bandpass ald right now i am guessing i have about 1 to 2 so 2 times as much in front of the subs as i do behind. I know that bringing the back wall closer to the subs has helped with rise but other than testing is there any ideas

2 Re: ratio's in a wall on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Vmann

Admin
Rule of thumb for BP's is the bigger the "front" chamber of the box is, the more efficient it will be, and that is true to an extent. I certainly do believe the "front" chamber can be too big, and you will lose the coupling effect between the drivers, and the enclosure chambers/vents.

As far as how much space, It depends what kind of response range you want. To big of a front chamber and you will get a fart box. To small, and you'll get a fart box. Its really the enclosure space/vent tuning combo you are after.

But hey, if your enclosure has more space than you cabin, the woofers could load off the cabin space, and enclosures normally build more pressure inside them than the area surrounding it

lol!
^ That approach could be entirely full of fail, as it would require an ass load of cone area. How much is an ass load? who knows.. idk

3 Re: ratio's in a wall on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:51 pm

mcbuggin

150+ dB Daily
I had read something like that somewhere but can't find it now so i thought i'd ask

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum